(Modified and Effective as of May 5th, 2016)
SUMMARY OF KEY PRINCIPLES
- We typically collect two kinds of information about you: (a) information that you provide that personally identifies you (e.g., full name or phone number); and (b) information that does not personally identify you (e.g., your IP address or type of browser);
- This information is transmitted to, held and processed by us in the United States of America;
- We typically use this information to provide you with use of our Site and Services, and to produce reports and data about your dining and other experiences at restaurants and other third-party merchants (collectively, "Merchants");
- We may disclose this information to authorized third parties including Merchants, advertising and promotional partners and third party service providers for these purposes;
- You may at any time opt-out of certain activities as set out below (see section V);
- We encrypt any information you input and take reasonable security measures to safeguard information;
- If you register with us, you have the ability to update or correct the information you previously provided via the account section;
- If you have any questions or concerns about privacy at Renzell, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our Sites and our Services are not designed or intended for use by children under 13; and
I. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect two kinds of information related to you: Personally Identifiable Information ("PII") and Non-Personally Identifiable Information ("Non-PII").
(a) Personally Identifiable Information: PII includes any information that identifies you as an individual person. We collect your PII when you choose to register with us or when you choose to participate in an interactive feature of our Sites such as a survey or promotion. You may: (a) provide your name, mail/shipping address, email address, and phone number when registering with our Sites; (b) provide certain demographic information about you (e.g., age, gender, sexual orientation and preferences, etc.) when participating in a survey or poll; or (c) complete a survey based on your dining experiences or, if made available, post a general comment and/or recommendation on our Sites.
(b) Non-Personally Identifiable Information: Non-PII is any information that does not identify you as a person including PII which has been rendered anonymous. We obtain non-PII either separately or together with your PII as described above. We collect certain non-PII from you when you access our Sites including IP addresses and information relating to your browser, operating system, ISP, the third party website from which your visit originated and how you use our Sites such as the web pages you visit, and the duration of your visits.
II. HOW WE USE AND SHARE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
PII and Non-PII is used to provide, or improve, our Sites and Services to you and Merchants, and to carry out your requests, respond to your inquiries, serve you better and understand your needs, or is used in other ways naturally associated with the circumstances in which you provided the information.
We may disclose PII and Non-PII to:
(1) our third party service providers who perform functions on our behalf in connection with the operation of the Sites or Services e.g., providers who host and manage data, process credit card orders, deliver our merchandise, etc.;
(2) participating sponsors to a program or promotion you enter through our Sites or Services;
(3) our subsidiaries or other affiliated companies ("affiliated companies") for operational, marketing and promotional purposes;
(4) co-promotional partners and others with whom we have marketing or other relationships;
(5) participating Merchants where you consent at the time you submit PII to us when using the interactive features of our Sites such as surveys concerning our participating Merchants; and
(6) our other users where you choose to publicly post reviews, comments or other information relating to products or services, communicate with other users via public forums (e.g., forums, message boards, bulletin boards, etc.).
In addition, we use non-PII to help analyze site traffic, understand customer needs and trends, carry out targeted promotional activities. We may use your non-PII by itself or aggregate it with information we have obtained from others to produce research reports and other information and data about dining experiences for participating Merchants and other customers, as well as media and other interested parties. In no event will any PII be used or sold to third parties in a form in which your identity is not made anonymous to the recipient
III. SALE OF BUSINESS AND DISCLOSURE BY LAW
(a) Business Transactions: We may disclose PII and Non-PII held by us: to a prospective seller or actual seller of any business or assets we acquire, or if all or any of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case, PII and Non-PII may be one of the transferred assets.
(b) Required disclosures : We may disclose and use any PII or non-PII if we are required to do so by law, with respect to copyright and other intellectual property infringement claims, or if we believe that such action is necessary to: (a) fulfill a government request; (b) conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; (c) protect or defend our legal rights or property, our Sites, or other users; or (d) in an emergency to protect the health and safety of our Sites’ users or the general public.
IV. SECURITY OF INFORMATION
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by encrypting information you input. We also use a secure server hosting location in the US, firewall protection, controlled access and other encryption technology to protect your data. Please be advised, however, that while we strive to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your PII. In the unfortunate event that your personally identifiable information is compromised, we will notify you by e-mail to the last e-mail address you have provided us as soon as feasible under the circumstances (delays in notification may occur while we take necessary measures to determine the scope of the breach and restore reasonable integrity to the system, as well as for the legitimate needs of law enforcement if notification would impede a criminal investigation.)
V. YOUR OPTIONS & OPT-OUTS
(b) What Choices Do I Have (Opt-Out)? To stop our emails, contact us email@example.com. If you no longer want your PII or non-PII to be used by us, you must not participate in our Services and close any accounts you may have with us.
(c) You May Contact Us With Questions: If you have any questions or concerns about privacy at Renzell, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As neither our Sites nor our Services are intended for use by children under 13, children under 13 may not submit any PII to us. Also, if you are under 18, you should use Renzell and submit information only with involvement of a parent or guardian.
VIII. SOLE STATEMENT